A Passion for Community
From its roots in the community as a gathering place for family and friends Tumble Brook Country Club’s historic presence lends itself to being a cornerstone of camaraderie, strong families and connection to neighbors. The legacy continues as the Club offers an outstanding collection of amenities and activities for the entire family.
  • 1922

    Tumble Brook Country Club was named for the brook that flows through the Club property. It was incorporated and organized in October 1922, and was largely an outgrowth of a social group known as the Touro Club. Shortly thereafter, the Club purchased the 155-acre R.G. Miller farm in Bloomfield. Willie Park, one of the foremost golf course architects of the time, was commissioned to design the first nine-hole course and construction was then started.

  • 1924

    The opening affair at the clubhouse was held at the end of May.  An annual Anniversary Dinner Dance was held for 50 years each May commemorating this occasion. The golf course opened to play that same season.

  • 1929

    The Club purchased an additional 4 acres of land on Simsbury Road from the Estate of Curtis Cook, which is where the practice fairway and driving range are currently located.

  • 1946

    In September, the original $60,000 mortgage note on the Club was retired and burned. The next year construction of the second nine-hole course, designed by Orrin E. Smith, began and opened to play in the spring of 1949. That same year, an addition to the clubhouse was completed, enlarging the kitchen and provided for the private dining room and a downstairs card room.

  • 1955

    During the next six years, the clubhouse was renovated, re-decorated, and the locker rooms were enlarged. In addition, the swimming pool, pool building, snack bar and new pro shop were built. In 1960, the Club purchased the Humphrey Farm north of the original Club property for a third nine-hole course.

  • 1974

    The Club celebrated its 50th anniversary with gala festivities throughout Memorial Day weekend.

  • 2002

    The Club began a renovation program for the golf course and summer facilities. In 2003, the summer facilities were put into service and in 2005 the golf course renovation was completed.